The Lew Electric FB is a round PVC floor box with (2) 3/4″ hubs, (2) 1″ hubs, (2) 3/4″ reducers, (4) 1/2″ reducers. It features a slot to make the box divided for power and data, not included but can be purchased as part number FBDIV. The outside diameter is 5", and the inside diameter is 4.5". The LRA-U adapter ring is sold separately and required to install any 32 series cover. Please see installation instructions below:
1. Set floor box on a level surface or secure to form with screws at the four pre-molded corner holes.
2. Solvent cement conduit into corresponding holes in the box.
3. Pull wiring through into the floor box.
4. Attach the concrete cover and seal vacant holes with cemented plugs provided.
5. Pour concrete to the desired depth.
6. Remove and discard the concrete cover. Use a hand saw to cut the box above the set concrete.
7. Attach cover assembly (see approved covers below) to leveling ring (part # LRA-U sold separately or provided when FBKIT is purchased) using screws provided with that cover. Affix wiring in the box to the device (not provided.)
8. PVC glue the exterior of the leveling ring and place cover and leveling ring assembly inside floor box and set in place.
9. If this box is used for low voltage and line voltage, a partition must be used (part # FBDIV.) Prior to installing the partition, take inside measurements from bottom to top of the box. Deduct the measurement of the box against the height of the partition and allow an extra 1/8” for slight variation and a proper fit to the leveling ring. Mark this length on the partition measuring from top to bottom and make a horizontal cut across the partition. This cut should always be towards the bottom of the partition, and not the top (narrower side.) Partition is notched at the top to fit along the inside groove of leveling ring. Drop partition in the slotted channel of the floor box. Note that when covers are used for both line and low voltage simultaneously, the low voltage connections are made loose in the box (connection will be made underneath the cover)and are on the side of the partition with the least amount of cubic inch capacity.
10. Approved covers for use with LEW part # LRA include: DCF-1-X-GFI, PFC series, and TCP series covers. Visit our website at www.lewelectric.com for more information.
11. When using the FB series box with our PUFP “pop-up” covers, use part # PUFP-LRA (sold separately) for the leveling ring instead of part # LRA. Follow step #8 for gluing to the box.
12. Our covers along with our part# LRA-U will also fit into a Carlon or Krayloy brand round PVC box as well.
Use in concrete floors only
5" outside diameter
4.5" inside diameter
(2) 1″ hubs
(2) 3/4″ reducers
(4) 1/2″ reducers
Adapter ring is not included (LRA-U)
Use with 32 series covers
UL listing #514C
Orders totaling $99 or more ship for free via UPS ground to the Contiguous USA "lower 48".
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you may return this item for a full refund of the merchandise total within 30 days of delivery, non-returnable if installed; Please note that you are responsible for all return shipping charges unless the item is defective or damaged. Return credits are issued within 1 business day to your original method of payment once the item is received and inspected.
Items must be in new condition and in the original packaging to qualify for a full refund (please do not modify the product in any way). If these conditions are not met then the return could be subject to a restocking fee or the product sent back to sender.
What if My Order Arrives Defective?
If an item arrives defective, or with parts missing, please notify us within 30 days of delivery. We're happy to send you a new item or replacement parts as soon as possible.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.